Monday, September 13, 2010

Long time no see!

    While I haven't kept our family blog up-to-date, facebook is my lifeline it seems! I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on here!          Where to begin? .....     
                         ......  Let's see....

   We last left off with two little fish, Angel and Rockstar. Well, after a few months, and many cleanings (Sierra thought the fish needed baths with soap like we do!), they kicked the bucket.  So no more fish for now.
   Ashlyn "graduated" Kindergarten! What a big girl! She's so excited to be a big FIRST GRADER!
   Matt graduated his CNC Machinist program at the MSC here in Phoenix, and got a job at a machine shop in Tempe.  He loved that job....programming and working with metal---what man wouldn't! Haha!
   Sometime this summer, Matt caught a baby gecko in our garage....it was SO tiny---about 1.5" long including its tail!!  We got it a cage and all the "necessities" (50 dollars worth!!), and proceeded to feed it tiny little crickets. We couldn't come up with a name, so Matt just started calling it "Lil Man" and it stuck. He is thriving and growing well!!
  Me and the girls had MANY playdates with our friends, the Garcia's. Alexandria was in Ashlyn's kindergarten class and they were two peas in a pod! She has an older sister, Isabella (8), who just adores Sierra, who adores her just as much! It's so adorable! And me and their mom, Christine, have become great friends as well!!
   While working at Cox Reels, Inc. (the machine shop), Matt got a job offer from Freeport-McMoRan to work at one of their copper mines down in Miami, AZ. He accepted their offer, and started work the same day Ashlyn started First Grade (Aug. 16th).  Miami/Globe/Claypool is located about 2.5 hours SE of where we are now (Anthem). He currently stays in his parents house in Florence during the week and comes home on the weekends. We will be moving closer to his work --somewhere in the SE valley-- in the coming months.
   I no longer work for Kohl's. My last day was Aug. 26th, and it's definitely weird not having to work anymore. It was a great experience, and the people were amazing! I will miss them dearly. But I did learn that I LOVE to merchandise, so maybe I can do that again sometime!!
  During the summer, Ashlyn took swimming lessons, and passed each level with ease! She was so scared to put her face under the water before, but now she's a fish!! What a great investment!
  We went camping a few times before school started up, and we all love it and plan to continue it as a great family activity. During our last trip, the diapers somehow did not make it (still can't find them!), so that was the beginning of potty training Sierra, which she did with confidence and ease! She was READY! Since then, she has gotten Hello Kitty panties, and stays dry all day and most nights as well! What a BIG GIRL!!!
  Just this past weekend (Sept. 9-12) me and the girls flew to Rapid City, SD to celebrate my dad's parents' 60th wedding anniversary!! This was the girls' 1st time flying, and the absolutely LOVED it! It was a short, quick trip, but it was WONDERFUL to see my grandparents! The weather was perfect during the daytime, and the girls were able to play outside ALL DAY LONG! We don't get to do that here in AZ during the summer.  They were also able to pick apples off their apple tree, which was HUGE!  My mom, Austin, and I took the girls to Storybook Island there too, and they played and played for a few hours....what an AWESOME park!!! We didn't get to stay but a couple of days, but we are already planning a family trip back there.
I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, and I have TONS of pictures as well. But this will have to do for now! Hahah! I have to go and chase a toddler now!

No comments: