Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ashlyn turns 8

What?! EIGHT!! Already?!
Yep. It's been 8 years since our first little girl was born. Holy moly!
Her birthday was during the week again this year, so we planned for a weekend party.
On her actual birthday, she wanted me to bring cupcakes to school for her class. After school, she opened her gifts from us and her cards she received. After Matt got home from work, she opted for Wendy's for dinner, so she could have a frosty. Then she realized she wanted a root beer float, so she ordered one of their frosty floats (yum!).

This year, Ashlyn wanted a Monster High themed birthday. Thanks to Pinterest and many other websites, I got a bunch of ideas for it. 

First, the invitations. Austin helped us with the custom logo (BIG Thank you). I drew the shape to the size I wanted them to be, then after much printing and cutting and customizing and gluing, we had the finished product.  


Next for all the rest of the party schmorgesborg!
Custom designed Thank You's ("Fangs you for coming to Ashlyn's Party!)

Party Games!
"Pink the Bow on the Skull"

Darts w/ Candy-filled Balloons
(SUCH a hit!)

Jar Guessing game
3 Jars
*Note: Party goer Maisy guessed the mixed candy jar RIGHT ON!! 


A Treat Table with sodas, punch, jell-o/candied popcorn, goody bags, and Skullette cookies. The cookies turned out WAY better than I imagined, and the instant I posted a picture of them on Facebook, I had a request for 2 dozen to be made and shipped to Phoenix (to a girl I worked with at Kohl's). Wow!


The cake: coffin shaped, and surrounded by chocolate "rocks". Double layer Chocolate Cake with chocolate frosting. YUM!

Matt helped in SO many ways, and it was SO greatly appreciated! While I was decorating the cake, he (with Sierra's help) inflated a bunch of balloons, put up the streamers and banner, and affixed the candy balloons to a sheet of plywood (more of a pain that first thought). The night before the party, we had a family "candy filling balloon" party in our bedroom....lol! The girls had so much fun! :)

The party was a success, and everyone had loads of fun. They even got to play Guitar Hero with all the guitars and drums we have. Ashlyn's RC helicopter from a couple of Christmas's ago was also a HUGE hit! I'm just glad it all worked out....it's been different having to plan a party for inside, and not at a playground or someplace with activities available. But I had fun planning it and the kids had fun!!

Thank you to everyone who wished her a Happy Birthday, sent gifts and cards and everything else!

No comments: