Monday, February 9, 2009

Ashlyn turns 5!!!

The pirate theme all setup


Her 'loot' :)


One week ago, our firstborn turned 5....I can't believe it! For her birthday, she wanted a Pirate theme, with a pink pirate ship cake. I was all prepared to make a pirate ship, but brown...not pink LOL! It wasn't all that hard to make, either, actually. I baked the cakes, cut them and arranged them, shaped them and frosted them...then after putting some of the decorations on it (the pirates, canon balls, etc., the back end started to break apart and tip over....errrr! So that is why there's Whoppers propping the cake up in the pictures! LOL! (After a few hours in the fridge propped up like that, it stood "alone" for the cake cutting, etc. thank goodness!)
She had a blast with her new neighbor friend, Natalie, and her family and "cousins" Akris and Cyris. She's such a tomboy sometimes! LOL! Anyways, it was a great birthday, and she made out like a bandit....more than at Christmas!

The pirate party favors (I LOVE Party City!!)

Happy 5th Birthday, Ashlyn! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Looks like a great time! You are so clever, making the pirate cake!
Hope you are all doing well.