And we've finally moved into one for a good while now. We are renting out Jared's Anthem house. It's in a GREAT location, with the school, grocery stores, Walmart, gas stations, Outlets, and MUCH more less than 5-15 minutes away. It's GREAT! The house is one level, 1700 sq.ft., 2 bedrooms and 1 den, 2 baths, 2 living rooms, a two car garage, and a fenced yard (about half the size of our Florence house's backyard). And since Ashlyn starts Kindergarten in the Fall, it's so nice to have her school right behind our backyard! We hear the bells during the week, and know that it starts at 8:45 and lets out at 3:30. Not too early YAY!! LOL! We all know how much Kristen *loves* getting up before 8 ;)
Since moving up here, we've been working on the front yard, and getting it cleaned up a little bit. Jared could only come up here every so often, and lives 55 miles away, so it hadn't been done in a while. But we got that done....mostly Kristen just sitting out and pulling weeds and trimming the trees and sweeping/raking/shoveling the yard.....it was great! Not having to worry about chasing after the kids, since Sierra LOVES to run into the street. I've also somewhat organized the garage for now, until we swap out Jared's bisque kitchen appliances for our black ones that are in the garage. But before the appliances can get swapped, I'm going to paint a wall in the kitchen. Right now it's a southwestern teal/green color (soothing, but just not my taste), and we're going to change it to "Red Velvet Cake"--a Martha Stewart color from Lowe's. I can't wait!!
Also, since there's only 2 bedrooms, Ashlyn and Sierra are sharing a room. It is going pretty well so far. We put Sierra to bed around 8, and Ashlyn between 8:30 and 9:30, and she knows to not make any sounds when she gets into her bed! The first couple of nights were *fun* to say the least, with Sierra waking up and crying for a little bit. But Sierra absolutely adores her big sister, and wants to be wherever she is, doing whatever she is! Their room is going to get painted as well. Right now it's a dark blue color (was from a cowboy themed room, with red bandana valances), and we're coming up with different color combinations for the girls, like a dark pink, some shade of purple, a shade of green (grass/light lime/something), a shade of yellow....maybe a combination of a few of these on different walls to make it POP! ;)
Don't worry, we've gotten approval from our "landlord"! LOL! And I'm going to be trying out my hand at faux painting....since I love the way the Teeples' walls look in their home :) I want to add some texture and depth to some walls for a great warm feeling of home.
Jared's house is just the right size for us, and it's great that he let us move in. We have a great landlord, I have an unbelievable brother, and he's got some reliable, caring tenants/family!
2 comments:
Cute house! That is so nice that Jared had that available! Now I just need to find some time to come visit!!!
Wow. Sounds like you have a lot of work/painting to do. But also sounds fun. I love painting and decorating and seeing the finished project. That is one of my favorite things to do-decorate.
I can't wait to see pictures when it is all done. I think a pink/green theme would be cute in your girls room. (That is the color theme in Hallie's room :)) So I am kind of partial to it. :)
THe glaze that we used in our family room is Raulph Lauren Faux technique glaze. "Smoke" is the color.
Unfortunately I never did find the can for the undercoat, but I think that any off white color with a yellowy tint would work. Or maybe even the paint guy at Lowe's may know.
Post a Comment