Okay, so I just realized the other day when I was talking to my mom on the phone that it has been a month since I've posted anything on here....wow, talk about slackin! ;-)
So let's see...what's been goin on here?.....
Well, I'm still loving working at Kohl's...can't get enough of it actually (just ask my husband!). We're like a big family there and it's great.
Matt is still working at Domino's as a "delivery expert" (don't know why they call it that!), and makes good money with his tips and all. Plus it's not rocket science so he's not too worn out after each shift, like he was at Newmont!...so that leaves some brain room for school, which he is starting today actually. He is going to the Maricopa Skills Center about an hour away (in downtown Phoenix) and taking the CNC Machinist class. After today and tomorrow, he will be attending it Monday-Wednesday 8 hours each day. So that switches up both our schedules for work, but that's okay....although I'm going to have to adjust to the night/close shifts those days after LOVING the morning ones all the time!
Ashlyn starts Kindergarten in 11 days...she's counting down (and so is mommy!). She had her screening today that was supposed to last 20 minutes....it took her 5! She's a smart little cookie, that's for sure! She's gotten all her school clothes and a backpack and lunchbox (although, we're going to have some money put in her lunch account at school for those 'running late' days!) and even some new shoes. We all can't wait for her to interact with other kids her age, and have fun learning new things as well! We'll keep this updated on how the first day/week/etc. goes.
Sierra is a cute little girl, learning and exploring more all the time. My favorite thing she does right now is after her bath we wrap her up (we did this same thing with Ashlyn...exactly) and say "baby burrriiito". And now she says "rrrriiitto"!!! It's wayyyy too cute! That and she likes to ride everything like a horsey and make the whinny sound, like Daisy, My little Ponies, and the horse from Ariel and Prince Eric's carriage! LOL! She also still LOVES water and we take them to the 'splash pads' (playgrounds with water features/toys) and she runs around with her mouth open into fountains, etc. I'll post a link to a video of them at one the other day to see what I'm talking about.
We are all doing well here, and can't believe it's getting close to being a year since we moved from Elko. We miss being closer to more family and visiting with all of you, but we're in a good place and feeling positive about things and the future. I'll try to keep this updated as often as I get the chance to.
No comments:
Post a Comment