Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kristen's Birthday

A little late, I know, but I wanted to get a post up about my birthday this year. It was a pretty fun and good one! I have a ton of Groupons and Deal Chickens and whatnot to do things with the family more affordably. We used a couple to do something different on my special day.

First we drove up to Gilbert to JP Pancake for some yummy, scrumptious breakfast. Their menu described things so well, that everything sounded delish, so it took us a while to order! Their house specialty is an oven-baked pancake, which sounded and looked REALLY good, but none of us ended up ordering one! LOL! I ended up ordering a very nutty belgian waflle (it would have been PERFECT with some caramel sauce, come to think of it!) and a side of ham....which Sierra apparently LOVES and ate pretty much all of it. Guess I should have ordered her one as well! LOL!


Anywho, after our late breakfast, we headed up to central Phoenix to the Arcadia Ice Arena for some ice skating. What a PERFECT way to stay cool in this terrible humid heat this summer! (And for $8 for all of us AND skates....couldn't pass it up!)  Fun thing about it: I'm the only one who'd ever been ice skating....and that was a LONG time ago! haha! Matt took right to it, and Ashlyn eventually got the hang of it (she's been skating around on her roller skates in the neighborhood, so that helped her out). Sierra was actually doing pretty well, even though we did have to hold her hand the whole time....she kept a goin'! It was really fun, and the kids can't stop asking to go ice skating now!


The rest of the day was spent relaxing and being lazy at home. I had wanted to go bowling as well, but I think we were just content stating at home, since the closest bowling alley is 45 minutes away (like pretty much everything else). Matt and Ashlyn went to the store and got me a chocolate birthday cake and some cute cards....but I was too full to eat any of it, so the girls and Matt enjoyed some instead.   :)  
It was a great day and I'm glad we ALL had so much fun on it....that made it THAT much better!
Now to go enjoy the last year in my 20's!

(No pictures were taken on my birthday, unbelievable but true....I had my cellphone in our locker at the skating rink because I didn't want to drop/break it....which I knew I'd regret, but that's how it goes sometimes I guess! Which is why I needed to document it somehow!)

No comments: