The Kindergarten classes at Ashlyn's school put on a little Thanksgiving Day program on November 17th at her school. Each class dressed up as different characters in the story. For example, her class was Indians (Indian boys, and Indian girls); another class was Pilgrims (Pilgrim boys, and Pilgrim girls); and the other class was Turkeys.

As Mrs. Schmitt (Ashlyn's teacher) narrated the story, the children would do/say different things-- kind of like those storybooks with the picture buttons on the side that make sounds during the story.
She told the story about the First Thanksgiving, and it was the cutest rendition we've ever seen! I got a few pictures, but they're dark and/or blurry....my camera started acting up go figure. And I got a video on our vhs-c camcorder, but it cuts in and out because the battery kept falling off the back.... : ( But it was cute, nonetheless, to hear and see the kids do there thing on the stage! All dressed up in their outfits.
I was a bit busy messing with the camcorder to remember everything that was said, etc. but some of them were the following:
Pilgrim boys: "A hunting I will go!"
Pilgrim girls: " Oh mercy me!"
Indian boys: "Big and brave!"
Indian girls: "Shhhh...baby's sleeping!"
Turkeys: "Gobble, gobble, gobble!"
All kids: "Pop, pop, pop" (Corn)
"Yum, yum, yum" (Dinner/Food)
Then all the kids would sing a song as well. And I'll have to ask Ashlyn what it was....because it's cute when she sings it! LOL!
Ashlyn and our neighbor (and friend) Michael. We walk together every morning and afternoon to school.

As Mrs. Schmitt (Ashlyn's teacher) narrated the story, the children would do/say different things-- kind of like those storybooks with the picture buttons on the side that make sounds during the story.
She told the story about the First Thanksgiving, and it was the cutest rendition we've ever seen! I got a few pictures, but they're dark and/or blurry....my camera started acting up go figure. And I got a video on our vhs-c camcorder, but it cuts in and out because the battery kept falling off the back.... : ( But it was cute, nonetheless, to hear and see the kids do there thing on the stage! All dressed up in their outfits.
I was a bit busy messing with the camcorder to remember everything that was said, etc. but some of them were the following:
Pilgrim boys: "A hunting I will go!"
Pilgrim girls: " Oh mercy me!"
Indian boys: "Big and brave!"
Indian girls: "Shhhh...baby's sleeping!"
Turkeys: "Gobble, gobble, gobble!"
All kids: "Pop, pop, pop" (Corn)
"Yum, yum, yum" (Dinner/Food)
Then all the kids would sing a song as well. And I'll have to ask Ashlyn what it was....because it's cute when she sings it! LOL!
Ashlyn and our neighbor (and friend) Michael. We walk together every morning and afternoon to school.

No comments:
Post a Comment