Friday, April 9, 2010

AZ Science Center




The girls at the "what does your face say/show?" (The can change each part of the face to show different emotions.)

Ashlyn climbing (with Alexandria waiting her turn)

Ashlyn sitting in the seat after pulling herself up using the rope/pulley--there were 3 of these on a "tree" for multiple kids to tryout

My group of girls on the "Balancing Act"--rubbery things that wobbled a lot (straight from the mouth of Ashlyn herself)

Ashlyn on the bus ride TO the Science Center =)


I was able to go with Ashlyn and the entire Kindergarten at Anthem Elementary on a field trip to the AZ Science Center in downtown Phoenix on Friday, April 9th. We had a pretty peppy bus ride downtown, and then I had to try to keep my four girls together with me. I did quite well...just had a straggler that liked to take off on her own sometimes! They did really well, and they all had a BLAST! The bad part of it was---there were 3 other schools having the same field trip the same day and time! Next time, I'm bringing headbands with little antennae on them for my group!!! Hahaha!
Anywho, there's four levels of the Science Center, and a HUGE planetarium as well. We had about 1.5 hours to go through the 4 levels---it was rushed, let me tell you....and then we went into the planetarium for a star-show/planet viewing movie. There's a LOT of cool and fun things for the kids in there, and they can touch EVERYthing in the building....hands on learning....it's awesome! We are going to go back as a family (with Sierra in a stroller!) to be able to spend more time and see more things.
Here's a few pics from our day (granted---my camera batteries didn't get charged properly, so it kept dying and I kept trying to get SOMEthing!!)

2 comments:

Randy and Teresa said...

Looks like fun!!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a really fun time on that field trip. I love taking my kids to downtown Phoenix for the AZ Science Center. For us it's a day trip because we live in Casa Grande, but it is well worth it to see how much fun they have.